- Closed for Travel
- Up to 14 Days
Entry is restricted to Citizens and PRs, Spouse & Children of Citizens/PRs, Other Residents (pass holders), the following travellers may also enter:
• Travellers who have a visa and have been granted an exemption before departure; details can be found at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/formshelp/request-for-travel-to-new-zealand
Other important information:
• Foreigners who in the past 14 days have been in or transited through Brazil, India, Pakistan or Papua New Guinea are not allowed to enter or transit.
• Transit is not allowed to Australia, Cook Isl. or Niue if they are arriving from Australia, Cook Isl. or Niue.
• Transit to China is only allowed for Chinese nationals arriving from Cook Isl., Fiji, Niue, Samoa, Tonga or Vanuatu.
• Transit is only allowed at Auckland (AKL) for maximum 24 hours.
• Travellers transiting through New Zealand to Australia must have a confirmed onward ticket on a red zone flight within 14 days.
• Travellers must have a voucher confirming their allocation to a place in managed isolation except for travellers arriving from and have only been in Australia(excluding New South Wales), Cook Isl. and Niue.
📝 Before your trip
You must obtain advance arrival permission to board your plane.
You are required to complete a pre-arrival form.
For more information: https://www.miq.govt.nz/travel-to-new-zealand/secure-your-place-in-managed-isolation/
You will need a formal Medical Certificate presenting a negative PCR test from an accepted establishment.
Your Certificate must be within 3 days of your arrival.
For more information: https://www.miq.govt.nz/travel-to-new-zealand/plan-your-travel-to-nz/pre-departure-testing/
🛬 On Arrival
On Arrival you will be required to complete a test for Covid, with the cost borne by the traveller.
😷 Quarantine details
General arrivals will be required to quarantine for up to 14days; Quarantine served at a dedicated facility (costs borne by traveller) (special arrangement may apply due to GreenLanes). For more information: https://www.miq.govt.nz/
🛂 Travel restrictions
There are routes that have Green Lanes with fewer restrictions, see below.
The route is closed for travellers from Brazil, India, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia.