- Closed for Travel
- Up to 14 Days
Entry is restricted to Citizens and PRs, Spouse & Children of Citizens/PRs, Other Residents (pass holders), the following travellers may also enter:
• Travellers with a re-entry permit. For details, please see https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html.
• Travellers with a visa issued by Japan outside Japan. The date of issue must be later than the date when the country of issue was designated by Japan as an area subject to landing denial (details can be found at http://www.moj.go.jp/isa/content/001347332.pdf )
• Travellers with an Olympic Identity and Accreditation Card (OIAC) or Paralympic Identity and Accreditation Card (PIAC) (including cards in Pre-Valid Card (PVC) format). They must also have a Written Pledge
• Travellers with an Invitation Letter issued by Tokyo 2020 Organizing Committee and a "Prior Consent Form" to the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (MEXT)
Other important information:
• Travellers transiting through Tokyo (NRT) must transit on the same calendar day.
• Travellers must install the "MySOS" mobile app.
• Travellers with an Olympic Identity and Accreditation Card (OIAC) or Paralympic Identity and Accreditation Card (PIAC) (including cards in Pre-Valid Card (PVC) format) must present a QR code from the app OCHA before departure and upon arrival
📝 Before your trip
You are required to complete a pre-arrival form.
For more information: https://arqs-qa.followup.mhlw.go.jp/
You will need a formal Medical Certificate presenting a negative PCR test from an accepted establishment.
Your Certificate must be within 3 days of your arrival.
For more information: https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page25e_000334.html
🛬 On Arrival
On Arrival you will be required to complete a test for Covid, with the cost borne by the traveller.
😷 Quarantine details
General arrivals will be required to quarantine for up to 14days; Quarantine served at a dedicated facility (costs borne by traveller) (special arrangement may apply due to GreenLanes). For more information: https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html
🛂 Travel restrictions
There are routes that have Green Lanes with fewer restrictions, see below.
The route is closed for travellers from Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chile, Comoros, Congo, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Colombia, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Rep., Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Eswatini (Swaziland), Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland (Rep.), Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo (Rep.), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova (Rep.), Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Nigeria, North Macedonia (Rep.), Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Territory, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Fed., Rwanda, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan, Vatican City (Holy See), Venezuela, Zambia or Zimbabwe.