- Partially Open
- Up to 21 Days
Entry is restricted to Citizens and PRs, Spouse & Children of Citizens/PRs, Other Residents (pass holders), Business Travellers, Transit, the following travellers may also enter:
- travellers with a Hong Kong SAR, China passport;
- travellers with a Hong Kong SAR, China "Document of Identity for Visa Purposes";
- residents of Hong Kong SAR, China with a Permanent Identity Card;
- residents of Hong Kong SAR, China with an Identity card with the asterisk, the code "A" or the code "R";
- residents of Hong Kong SAR, China with an Identity card with the code "C", accompanied by a visa;
- residents of Hong Kong SAR, China with an Identity card with the code "U". They must have a prior approval from Hong Kong Immigration;
- residents of Hong Kong SAR, China with an Identity card accompanied by a visa with "Permission to remain extended until". They must enter within the validity of the permitted stay;
- travellers with a residence or study visa issued by Hong Kong SAR, China;
- travellers who in the past 14 days have only been in countries listed in greenlanes
Other important information:
Travellers are not allowed to transit through Hong Kong SAR, China to the Mainland of China.
Travellers who in the past 21 days have been in or transited through a country listed in blocked routes must have a hotel reservation confirmation in Chinese or English for a minimum of 21 nights.
Travellers who in the past 14 days have only been in New Zealand must have a hotel reservation confirmation in Chinese or English for a minimum of 14 nights otherwise it has to be a minimum of 21 nights. The hotel must be listed on https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/designated-hotel-list.html . Details can be found at https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/pdf/list_of_recognised_covid19_vaccines.pdf .
Covid-19 test taken before departure must be nucleic acid test.
📝 Before your trip
You are required to complete a pre-arrival form.
For more information: https://www.chp.gov.hk/hdf/
You will need a formal Medical Certificate presenting a negative PCR test from an accepted establishment.
Your Certificate must be within 3 days of your arrival.
For more information: https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/quarantine_procedures_airport.html
🛬 On Arrival
On Arrival you will be required to complete a test for Covid, with the cost borne by the traveller. For more information: https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/inbound-travel.html
😷 Quarantine details
General arrivals will be required to quarantine for up to 21days; Quarantine served at a home or at a dedicated facility (cost borne to traveller) (special arrangement may apply due to GreenLanes). For more information: https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/599E-quarantine_exemption.html
🛂 Travel restrictions
There are routes that have Green Lanes with fewer restrictions, see below.
The route is closed for travellers from Bangladesh, Brazil, Cambodia, France, Greece, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland (Rep.), Malaysia, Nepal, Netherlands, Pakistan, Philippines, Russian Fed., South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom or USA.
; For more information: https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/inbound-travel-faq.html#FAQ1