- Partially Open
- No Quarantine
Entry is restricted to the following travellers:
• Citizens and PRs
• Spouse & Children of Citizens/PRs
• Other Residents (pass holders)
• Travellers with a "D" visa issued by Switzerland or an EEA Member State;
• British nationals and their family members with:
- a residence permit with “Type of permit: Article 50 TEU"; or
- a certificate of application for a new residence permit, or
- a residence permit issued by an EU Member States before the 31.12.2020; or
- a document indicating the address of the passenger in an EU Member State before the 31.12.2020; or
- one of the following documents issued by Luxembourg: a registration certificate, a permanent residence certificate, or a residency certificate with an address in Luxembourg before 31 December 2020;
• Travellers with a certificate issued by the Passport, Visa and Legalization Office (BPVL).
💉 Vaccine exemptions
Vaccinated travellers are exempt from pre-arrival Covid-19 test(s) requirement(s).
These exemptions only apply to:
- Travellers with a COVID-19 recovery certificate issued by Switzerland or an EEA Member State. The passenger must have tested positive at most 6 months before arrival;
- Travellers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued in Switzerland or an EEA Member State showing that they were fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax) or Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty);
- Travellers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued in Switzerland or an EEA Member State showing that they received the first vaccine dose of AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Moderna (Spikevax) or Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty) at least 14 days before departure and at most 180 days after they were tested positive.
- Travellers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax) or Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty). The certificate must be issued in Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Faroe Isl., Georgia, Israel, Moldova (Rep.), Morocco, Monaco, New Zealand, North Macedonia (Rep.), Panama, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Switzerland, Togo, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, Vatican City, El Salvador, Brazil, Canada, Taiwan, India, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Monaco, Montenegro, Thailand and Tunisia.
There are no pre-arrival forms/permissions at this time.
🌡️ Testing requirements
There are no pre-arrival test requirements at this time.
On Arrival you may be required to complete a test for Covid-19 and/or some form of medical screening, the cost borne by the traveller
Authorities announced that all entry measures were dropped for travellers allowed entry to the country, while proof of vaccination or recovery remains mandatory for all third-country arrivals exempt from the entry ban.
😷 Quarantine requirements
There are no quarantine requirements at this time.
• Nationals of an EEA member state on this list, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland, Vatican City may enter
• Travellers arriving from an Schengen member state may enter
• Residents of countries on this list may enter
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City, Australia, Canada, Chile, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Kuwait, Macao (SAR China), New Zealand, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Uruguay, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Indonesia
Travellers arriving from or who have been in these countries in the past 14 days are subject to a COVID-19 test upon arrival and quarantine for 7 days. More details can be found at https://covid19.public.lu/en/travellers/visiting-luxembourg.html
• Vaccine exemptions do not apply to these travellers
Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe